We now offer Chest Physiotherapy services!
Chest physiotherapy is an airway clearance technique to effectively drain the lungs. This may include percussions (clapping), vibration, deep breathing and huffing or coughing.
Chest physiotherapy is administered along with Nebulization, in order to humidify the airways, and thin secretions.
- Aids In expansion of the lungs
- Drains secretions from lungs
- Improves overall lung functioning
- Eases breathing and increases oxygen in the blood
Commonly treated conditions include:
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Cystic fibrosis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Weak/ineffective airway clearance (post operative pain or muscle weakness)